It’s been a rough stretch for the Hornets, but heading into the final two weeks of the season, a Conference Championship is still very much in reach.
You have to go back decades for the last Hornet Confererence title, but Northtown controls their own destiny sitting in third place with all of the teams ahead of them on the schedule in the final two weeks.
Fort Osage and Raytown sit atop the table. Fort O’s only conference loss came at the hands of Raytown in early April. Raytown and the Hornets have already defeated the Blue Jays with Northtown’s win coming at home 7-3 on April 1.
Following NKC’s win at Ruskin on Monday, there is currently a three-way tie for third in the White Conference with Belton, who the Hornets barely lost to 1-0 early in the season, and the Northmen from Oak Park, who NKC will play in the final game of the regular season at T-Bones Stadium on May 6.
The Hornets have played all of these teams tough, and, although their play has been inconsistent the past week or so, can certainly gel to finish holding a Greater Kansas City Suburban Conference title at the end of the run.
Upcoming Conference Games
- Wednesday, April 24 – At Belton 6:00 PM
- Friday, April 26 – At Raytown 5:00 PM
- Monday, April 29 – Home vs Fort Osage 4:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 1 – At William Chrisman 4:00 PM
- Thursday, May 2 – Home vs Grandview 4:00 PM (Senior Day)
- Monday, May 6 – Away vs Oak Park At T-Bones Stadium